Students must have obtained 1.5 (C-) or better in the cumulative grade average (CGA) to be eligible to apply.
|Minor Program||Course*||Course Credit/Level|
|Minor in Humanities||Any course from the HUMA Course List|
|Minor in Social Science||Any course from the SOSC Course List||18 credits (6 courses)|
|Minor in China Studies||From the China Studies Course List, at least 2 HUMA & 2 SOSC courses|
|Minor in Liberal Studies||From the Liberal Studies Course List, at least 2 HUMA & 2 SOSC courses|
* Area of Concentration NOT required for each Minor Program
|Year 1 :||Not applicable|
|Year 2 :||Can enroll anytime after the first semester|
|Year 3 :||Can enroll anytime throughout the year|
|Year 4 :||DEADLINE – Last day of the Add/Drop period of undergraduate courses in
the first semester of the final year of study
Enrollment Schedule in 2021 – 2022 Academic Year
|Effective Semester / Session||Enrollment Period|
|Fall 2021-2022||15 August 2021 – 14 September 2021|
|Spring 2021-2022||15 September 2021 – 17 February 2022|
|Summer 2021-2022||18 February 2022 – 18 August 2022|
The above schedule also applies to the withdrawal from the Minor Program.
- Students complete the Declaration of Undergraduate Minor Program and pass the Form to their major department for approval. The Form can be downloaded from the website of the Academic Records and Registration, Academic Registry (ARRO).
- Students submit the approved Form to the Program Service and Advising Office (room 3399) together with supporting documents showing the latest CGA (e.g. information like unofficial academic transcript obtained from Student Information Enquiry on Administrative Intranet for Students) for internal reference.
- The Minor Program Coordinator of SHSS checks students’ eligibility to enroll in the Minor Program and sends the Form to the UG Program Coordinator of the School or Division concerned for endorsement.
- Students will receive a confirmation letter from ARRO if the application is approved.