The target candidates for the program include but are not limited to:
- graduates who already completed a relevant bachelor’s degree in the field of language, linguistics, language acquisition, and/or language teaching from a recognized institution;
- in-service English- or Chinese-language instructors who wish to take a 1-year career break;
- language curriculum developers, and other qualified language-related professionals.
Applicants should have obtained a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field from a recognized university or equivalent.
English requirements for applicants whose first language is not English and whose degree or equivalent qualification was awarded by an institution where the medium of instruction was not English are as follows:
- for Chinese (TCSL) Concentration applicants: IELTS ≥ 6.5 (all sub-scores ≥ 5.5), or TOEFL iBT ≥ 85
- for English (TESL) Concentration applicants: IELTS ≥ 7.0 (Writing ≥ 7.0, and other sub-scores ≥ 5.5), or TOEFL iBT ≥ 100 (Writing ≥ 27/30)
Applicants to the TCSL concentration whose first language is not Chinese and whose degree or equivalent qualification was awarded by an institution where the medium of instruction was not Chinese are required to fulfill the Chinese requirement of Hanyu Shuiping Kaoshi (HSK by Hanban or the “New HSK”) level 5 or above. Applicants whose first language is Chinese or whose degree or equivalent qualification was awarded by an institution where the medium of instruction was Chinese, must demonstrate their Chinese proficiency by obtaining the National Putonghua Proficiency Test (PSC) Grade 2B or above.
|Fall term, 2021-2022|
|Non-local applicants*||1 May 2021|
|Local applicants:||15 July 2021|
* Applicants, who need a student visa/entry permit to study in Hong Kong, are considered as Non-Local Students. For details on student visa/entry permit requirements, please click here .
For more details of Asian Future Leaders Scholarship Program, please click here.
Note: The School reserves the right at all times to suspend the offering of the program as a result of insufficient class enrollment. Should the suspension of a program have to be effected, the deposit or tuition fees paid will be refunded.