- possess a bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification from a recognized university, with a grade average of 3.0 or above out of 4.0
- Applicants whose first language is not English or whose medium of instruction of the degree program completed previously was not English must possess a TOEFL score of no lower than 600 (PBT) or 100 (iBT), or an IELTS score of no lower than 7 (all sub-scores should be 5.5 or above).
HKUST UG Students
- All HKUST undergraduate students, including BSc in Global China Studies majors, may take up to four MGCS courses , subject to the approval of the course instructor and the Program Office, as surplus to their undergraduate degree during their UG studies without being charged extra fee*.
- These students may apply for the MSc (GCS) program upon completion of their undergraduate degree, and can transfer up to 12 surplus MGCS credits to the MSc (GCS) program upon formal enrollment in the program. Students successfully transfer the 12 surplus MGCS credits to the program will be charged the remaining 12 credits at $5,000/credit.
Non-local Applicants from Partner Universities
- Pathway “4+1”: Individual applicants satisfying the general admission requirements can apply directly to the program as regular non-local applicants for MSc (GCS) program.
- Pathway “3+1” : Recommended by our partner universities, non-local undergraduate students in their third year of a four-year program at the time of the application can apply for early admission into the program with proper documentation from their home universities while remaining registered as UGs in their home universities. These applicants should have completed all their UG coursework requirements with a cumulative grade average (CGA) of 3.0 or higher out of 4.0, and have fulfilled the program’s English language requirement.Upon completion of the MSc (GCS) degree requirements, these students are required to submit a certified copy of their bachelor’s degree certificate and an official copy of their transcript to the MSc (GCS) Program Office in an envelope sealed by the institution that provides the documents no later than August 31 each year in order to be conferred the MSc degree in Global China Studies at HKUST.
Remark: UG students do not need to pay extra tuition fee for taking PG courses, considering that they are regular UG students who have settled their tuition fee for that term in full. To learn more about cross-career (UG/PG) enrollment, please visit the ARRO Course Registration website for UG students at http://arr.ust.hk/reg/cr/cr_std_ug/regug_terms.html